{subject artist: Marilyn Manson song: Eat Me, Drink Me}
What to do - what to do. I was at dinner last night and upon arriving at our table we were served a loaf of delicious pumpkin bread!! I put the plastic wrap around the loaf and took off one slice. The person I was with coughed into their hand (had a cold), then picked up the entire loaf with his coughed-into hand (no plastic wrap) and took off a slice to eat. So now the question.......do I eat any more of it? Admittedly I'm a bit of a germ-freak so I want to know what everyone else would do. Eat it? Not eat it?
Let It Begin!
15 years ago
8 comments:
Seriously? That is just gross and not to mention rude of that person. I would not have eaten it. I am one of those people that if I am sick and want some food that is "public" (like a slice of pizza or a donut at work) I will have someone else grab it for me. That way I don't run the risk of contaminating every one.
That is just gross! No more eating for me! I am such a germ freak and I have two kids.
Not only NO, but then I would have said something (change of words depending on who it is of course).
i.e.
Cobby. WTF DICK? I wanted more of that and you just ruined it.
A friend who I am totally comfortable with. WTF DICK? I wanted more of that and you just ruined it. (admittedly not that different)
Someone who I think generally has a good sense of humor but not bff's (but to everyone at the table so no one person gets offended...I like to get them all) - Did anyone touch this with nasty germs on their hands? Oh, I better not risk it. You go ahead and enjoy it.
WHAT????!!! Germ freak, or not, common sense says NO!!!!!! But this is coming from a complete germ freak, and one that would rather have the raging flu than a cold any day! That was real assish (my new fav word) of that person! I say NO WAY JOSE!!!!
Cold or not, that's just disgusting. I'd have passed. It's one thing if you are with your family to touch a "shared' food, but when you are with friends or collegues, you should be extra careful to not touch or double-dip, etc.
I'm with everyone else on this one...I so would not hav eaten anymore, and I might have asked the wait staff for more just for me! I wouldn't have been as bold as Janice though, I'm just not that brave.
ok - my take is a little different: I don't like the idea that I am sharing snot or saliva. I could care less about the germs - I'll catch the cold regardless.
This reminds of the PB incident at somebody’s sister's house. She let her children eat the peanut butter out of the jar - double dipping/scooping, licking fingers/dipping fingers, etc. Then she would offer to make me and my children PB sandwiches (shiver).
Snot/saliva = yuck
Germs = gonna happen
btw - it's about time you updated this blog. I started to forget to check!
Post a Comment