Friday, January 23, 2009

{subject artist: John Denver song: Fly Away}

I know it's a little late but here's the final installment of our Anniversary Trip. Well.....if I can learn Windows Movie Maker in the next day or two, I may splice up some video I took and post that. In the meantime......
By far my favorite part of the trip was the flight through Lake Powell. Stunning scenery! I also took over and flew the plane for quite a while through Glen Canyon and over Lake Powell so that added to the excitement. We cranked up some tunes and just soaked it all in!

(You can click on any of these to enlarge if you wish)











Our map showing that we are heading towards Bullfrog at Lake Powell.






We landed in Page Arizona and went to a nice little authentic mexican joint near the hotel for dinner. In the morning we were faced with the pain of icing on the plane again but thankfully my brilliant hubby realized that a United Healthcare card is good for more than just proof of insurance. Whew! That actually saved us a ton of time!





The previous night we had decided to switch up our course since going to Price was proving to be somewhat of a pain (no transportation to and from the hotel). We followed the Colorado River up through Moab and Arches National Park.
















Showing that we are just outside of Grand Junction (KGJT)












From there we diverted to Grand Junction where my brother picked us up and we went out for lunch and visited with him since he had just moved there two days ago. We stayed for a couple of hours then it was back in the plane, up and over the mountains, and into Gunnison Utah where I'm excited to say that Scott's mom went for a ride in the plane! She had been hesitant in the past but she did it and enjoyed it! His dad went as well. After enjoying a delicious dinner at their house and visiting with family, we headed back to SLC to enjoy the rest of our anniversary at home.




I couldn't have asked for a better trip (except when I finally get my dream vacation to Africa. hehe)!

7 comments:

THaToNeGiRL said...

Wow. Those pictures are AMAZING!!! I wish I didn't get so sick while flying -seriously, deathly ill... Because that is breath taking just to see it in pictures, let alone in real life! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Glad you had such a great anniversary. All those pics make me miss So. Utah so much!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! But I still don't see why you didn't take me with you...

Chichijujubees said...

Lovely pictures Annalyn! Make me want to come to Salt Lake sooooon :)

Taylor's said...

Jealous!

Melita said...

that looks like so much fun! great pictures.

Anonymous said...

That would be Dad's dream trip/flight as well. Pretty impressive State we live in!!
Loe, Mom D