Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dancing Queen!

{subject artist: Abba song title: Dancing Queen}

As many of you know, Scott and I went to Ogden on Friday to watch Shaylin's dance competition. For those of you that don't know her, she's my 8 year old niece and has only been dancing for about a year but she is a natural! Last night was no exception. She ended up wiining Queen (which is above first place) for her category - hip hop.
Here is a video of her awesome dance! I'm so proud!!!! I wish the camera had really captured the cute facial expressions she made! Soooo cute!!
(sorry for all the hoots and hollers in your ear. I was a bit excited! Also, I was more focused on watching her than watching in the camera so the shots are off sometimes)

Here are some shots from the evening.

The first picture is when she was given the trophy and crown. The following pictures were in the hall afteward to snap a few photos. She had already changed out of her costume though. Drat! :-)




7 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! That is very impressive! I can't believe she's only 8! Way to be a proud Aunt!

Janice said...

Fabulous! She's awesome. I'd have been hooting and hollerin too.

Annalyn said...

She's amazing! I've lost track of the number of times I have watched this video but I'm sure it's already around 10 times. I just wish I had been closer to capture her facial expressions. She was so much more animated than the other dancers!

Great job, Shaylin!

katoreo said...

Thank you so much for filming this! One of these days we'll make it in person.

Theresa said...

Very impressive! She must get that from her mom. :)

TCITINIDAHO said...

Shaylin you rock!!! We loved watching your dance. You are very talented! Did you make up that dance yourself or do you have a teacher? It was fantastic and we love you and are so proud of you! Way to go!!!!!
The Hegemann Gang (Ed & Teri's gang)

Melita said...

That is pretty cool. She is such a doll. Keep up the good work Shaylin!