Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fly Away_Part II

** I'm having issues with the blog allowing me to add more pics so here is part of our trip. Tomorrow night we will not have internet access so it may be a couple of days for more updates. Until then......

Day 2
We slept in and arrived at the Cedar City airport at around 11am and found that the plane had iced. That is not a good thing! We pushed the plane around so the sun was hitting the back wings and better hitting the top wings. Thankfully it had defrosted by the time we took off.







You can see the ice on the window. We had just turned the plane around so the sun could hit it.





The mountains South/East of Cedar City





Entering Zions National Park




Zions National Park




The GPS in the plane tells us we're heading towards Bryce Canyon


My fav shot of Bryce Canyon



We landed at Bryce Canyon Airport, took a shuttle to Ruby's Inn for lunch, then it was back to the airport to head off to Lake Powell.
*since I can't post more pics, I'll add them next week*
After flying around Lake Powell, we landed in Page Arizona and that is where we are spending the night. Hopefully I can post more extensive pics later. Over and out!




6 comments:

Janice said...

Freakin awesome girl. Funnnnnn Funnnnn Funnnnn!

Katie said...

What a great trip! I miss the scenery of Southern Utah, but I sure do like city life (must be too many years in small towns!).

Taylor's said...

Jealous! Maybe I can convince my Dad to take us out in his Mooney for an adventure like this!

Chichijujubees said...

this is beautiful! great pics and what an adventure :^)

Theresa said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT time!

Anjie said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like you had/are having a fun trip...can't wait for more pics.